Sunday, September 19, 2010

Expectation vs. Reality

[Fri 3]
Orgo Lab, drive home. I got to see my babies for a little bit. :) Jade said, "I am glad I got to see you today Toni." Hehe. What a doll!

[Sat 4]
Luckily I got the day off of work! I slept in which was incredible. I went and picked Karla up to go shopping. It was funny because my goal was to buy make-up, shoes, a fall jacket, and a dress for Karla to wear to my grandma's wedding but we accomplished nothing. That's what happens when you shop with a mom! lol. Instead we spent our time in the Hello Kitty store, the Disney store, and a Candy store. And eating chinese of course :) It was fun! I had a bad case of the giggles at the Disney store, and afterward I walked around the mall with a Tinkerbell hulla hoop- which was a reoccurring laughing fit. Geeez.


In the evening I met up with my friend from the gym. We had plans to go to Arts Beats and Eats but it didn't exactly work out. We hung out at his friends for a bit but I didn't want to be out all night so I skipped out. Oh well. I went over to Erika's and played games with Hunter, Christian, Kaitlyn, and Erika for a while. Too bad none of them thought Balderdash was as fun as I did lol.

Quick Tangent-
Remember the scene from 500 Days of Summer where Joseph Gordon-Levitt meets Zooey Deschanel at a dinner party and they play one half of the screen his expectations and one half what really happened? That pretty much explains my life. I live in la la land. Although I love it there, I need to get out! Most of you know what I am talking about... Actually to tell you the truth, yeah I do have high expectations. I should just expect that they won't always be met.  I do believe, however, that one day my expectations will meet my reality- only when I least expect it. =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDj7DJZMnI&feature=related
(only watch the first 50 sec)

No comments:

Post a Comment