Friday, August 13, 2010

Coast Guard Fest 2010

Saturday was probably one of my favorite days of the entire summer! Not only was I in my favorite place in the whole world, Grand Haven, but I was with my favorite people. :] Usually at school- I am like, "Gee Kaitlin would love this" or, "this reminds me of Erika." But I finally had both of them with me! (Kat and Kc, you girls are just extra lucky ;] ).
We walked a ways to the beach- because there were a million people there, but it was worth it. The waves in lake Michigan were awesome and made me feel like I was in Cali. Kc, Kat, Erika and I thought it would be fun to try to stunt in the water, like the good old cheer days. The waves kept going over their head and I was DYING of laughter. I fell so many times and just couldn't stop laughing. Owwwwies. I think we all laughed for about 30 minutes straight.
Jumping off of the pier was my favorite moment of the day. It is probably about a 10 ft drop? Big adrenaline rush :) I wish I could have gotten a picture of us! Days like this- I wish I had my own personal photographer to capture such happy moments. I guess you can't document everything. Anyway- it was scary because so many people were crazy flipping into the water and as a lifeguard, I was about to have a panic attack!


look at all those people! For more pics- you can look at my facebook- these are just some of my favorites. The girls and I skipped out on watching the fireworks to avoid traffic. Bummer... There was so much to do in Grand Haven and so little time! I could have spent a week there.
Back at the apartment we ate pizza and I had a killer headache and was exhausted so I went to bed early. Kind of lame but whatev lol. If I say this was one of my favorite days of the summer- going to bed early can't be a bad thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment