Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clarity

As I drove home Sunday morning from Kaitlin's, the John Mayer song Clarity came on. It just made me so happy! The lyrics seemed very fitting.
"I worry, I weigh three times my body
I worry, I throw my fear around
But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain
The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain"
The night before, Kat, Kaitlin, Erika and I had spent the night over at Allie's new house. We stayed up late talking about nonsense things like old childhood books and such. I love random things like that :). I loved that it thunderstormed all night and I loved that when we woke up Erika and I went to jump on Kaitlin to wake her up. I love the little family of friends that I have :D Bari treated us to breakfast at the Original Pancake house. Holy-cow, best food ever! We all look sooo attractive in the morning lol
Here is a picture of my delicious raspberry crepes and bacon :)

 The ritzy life is so not me- but it is fun to pretend every now and then!
After I got home, it was from one extreme to another. Claire and I went with my mom to her friend from work's daughter's open house (did I say that right?). It was at Highland Recreation center. I hope none of those people ever read this, but it was very hillbilly. There was even a blue grass band I kid you not! Claire and I were beyond amused, but that was not my scene either. Smoking and drinking and hanging out at a random run down pavilion made for an awkward situation. The girl had ice cream in a cooler but it was melting so somebody took the dry ice out and threw it in the lake. Claire, my mom and I watched it for like 10 minutes as it bubbled out of the water and instantly turned to white fog. Very fascinating! Sorry this is so long- I suppose it makes up for the bad days. No pressure to read it all! Anywho, Claire and I were bored before we left to this ordeal so while we were waiting in the car we made a fake person out of random stuff for the purpose of scaring my mom. It worked! Tooooo funny hahahaha

We are weird.

oh P.S. I just realized in that song, it says "So much sacred in the month of June" haha how cool. Seriously go listen to Clarity, it will make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment