Sunday, June 20, 2010

If we have not love, it is nothing

Thursday was another day off of work. I got to sleep in! I made a yummy salad and got in my bathing suit and layed out in the sun for a good while. I tried to make progress in my book, "The Irresistible Revolution." Shane Claiborne is pretty insightful dude. I will give a full review when I am done with the book but I am taking it slow because I want to soak it all in. I underlined a part that I hope will stick with me for a while. He talks about how so many people are doubtful because there are not miracles left and right. There is little hope that we can even make a difference as great as Jesus because we are not magicians.

I hadn't healed any lepers. Even though  I touched them, they still went home lepers at the end of the day.But I began to discover "the greater things."

Beyond the miracles, what has lasting significance is love. We can do all sorts of miracles, but if we have not love, it is nothing.

 Reading things like that make me feel less insignificant and small. Especially if I do become a doctor, I know that I will not be able to fix or save everyone but I can put my whole heart into it. Lately, investing my love in ridiculous little things seems useless. We don't need water turned into wine or people healed with miracles because in the end love is all that matters. Anyway, I could write an entire book on how important I think love is. And not just love on one focused person but for everyone, strangers, even ourselves! (I am working on that last one). I just wish the rest of the world felt that way.

I had a good workout at Mott. Read some more while on the bike. Then I went home and watched Oprah with Claire. Kp and I later went over to Jared's and we walked down to his beach. Erika came over and we watched the Laker's game. Friendly argument gone wrong... uh oh lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment