Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fire, Bubbles, and Cheesecake

Today, Sunday was a good day. I finally had a day off. Since all my friends were working I decided to take on the task of cleaning and preparing to have Karla over for her birthday. My family agreed to celebrate Sunday night while we were all home. I spent the better part of my day making a cheesecake, I had no clue it took so long! It was my first one and I am proud that it turned out close to as good as my mom's (not quite there yet!). The stupid recipe I am sure mis-printed the amount of time needed for baking because I left it in twice as long and the center was still a little under cooked. All the flowers are from my backyard! I love going back there and being able to pick an entire bouquet! Gardens are a must when I have my own house :)
Before Karla and the girls arrived, I had a long over due phone conversation with the lovely Ellen Hensel. :)
I miss you a lot and am so excited to live together next year! Bye-bye sophomore slump.

Jade wanted to play with my violin and I taught her a couple things. It is too big for her but I think she has potential! She is such a smart kid.
Please ignore my messy room! Kaitlin- if you have read this far, #1 thank you! #2 I decided today Jayden reminds me a lot of you. She does a ton of funny faces that crack me up because they are the same faces you make! Also this picture reminds me of you haha. Idk why.
While we were all eating dinner some guy came to our door panicked asking if we had a fire extinguisher. No we do not, so he ran away haha. I guess the people across the street had their dryer catch on fire, you could see smoke coming from their basement! A fire truck and a bunch of emergency vehicles came down my street and parked right in front of the house. It was sooo funny how excited the girls were, they wanted to go outside with Karla and watch the neighborhood drama. I took a candid picture of them sitting out front through the window blinds. Love it :)

Sorry to write such a lengthy post, I know my life is not all that interesting! Karla would not let me take a decent picture of her so I will have to get one another day. I would say today was an overall successful day at the Gersabeck household haha, a rare event. Here are some more pics of the day. Thanks for reading!

Mom blowing bubbles to try to cheer up a crying Grace. She would kill me for posting this!

1 comment:

  1. I want to eat this cheascake because it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete