Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day

Today I woke up at 6:30 to go fishing with my dad and his friend John on Crystal lake. It was funny because I caught all the fish haha. Just baby blue gill but that is what we expected. I think I caught 10 ish that we kept.
I was teased for this guy. Smallest one of the day.
Proof that I can unhook a fish. Little punk pricked one of my fingers though...
It was nice to spend quality time with the dad. Hello other sisters, where are you? lol.

Back home, after a decent nap, Kp picked me up to go to her neighbors open house. We both went to pre-school with his older brother and have been friends with the family for a long time. I love that everyone in her neighborhood knows me! We were such active little kids and made friends with everyone. It was like a little childhood reunion.

Our friend Courtney is part of the neighbors family and was there with her new 1 month baby, Carson! Oh my goodness I couldn't stop asking questions about the baby and obsessing over him. If anyone can't tell, I have been a bit child obsessed lately. I guess that goes to show my calling is to somehow work with little ones, or maybe that I just want to be a really awesome mom. I hope so! I can't wait to have kids. Haha good thing my mom and dad are not reading this!
Holding a warm cuddly baby put me in a good mood for the rest of the day : )

1 comment:

  1. I got a fun surprise today, your comments! I never think to look for them, but I did and I am very glad I did haha. You are so insightful. I think I like blogs because they are a way we can kinda communicate without having to do anything, haha.

    I am so jealous of your fishing trip, I've never been and I want to. Jesse is taking me next week when I am in GL and I am looking forward to it. Maybe we can fish next year haha, like old people.

    I LOVE reading your blog-it's a great mix of funny/thoughtful/interesting. Miss you chlobo

    ReplyDelete