Friday, June 25, 2010

Gram

Wed morning I woke up and went to work out with Erika. :) Very nice! We got to catch up with was much needed. Back home I helped clean for the better part of the day in preparation for Gram to get here. It is pretty nice now that my dad is back at work because I actually have the chance to talk with my mom. We made coffee and chit chated while doing slow paced chores. With my family, if you give us 10 hours to get something done, it will take 10 hours. Haha and it did. Oh well.
Claire, my mom and I left for the airport around 8:30. The sunset looked super sweet but I couldn't get a decent picture since we were driving.
Claire and I were saying how much we love airports because it reminds us of going somewhere new, coming home, or picking up someone we love. So very true. I always think of the beginning of one of my favorite movies, "Love Actually." It was funny to see my mom run and hug my Grandma when we finally found her. I wish i could tell you that I got some awesome pictures of people re-uniting... but I did not. It's not very clear but you can see mom in the blue shirt behind the revolving doors. 

The worst storm I have ever seen was going on outside, luckily we were under a parking pavilion. Claire and I had the job of babysitting the car while mom and grandma got the luggage. Claire and I were super slap happy and being silly. We ran to the edge of the garage where it was pouring, so that we could see the storm. It was awful! The loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life hit when we reached the corner and we both screamed. Lol. Mom came and told us the luggage would not be released till the lightning stopped, bummer... We thought about leaving but a security guard came up to us and told us that everyone had to leave their cars and go inside away from the glass windows. My dad told me the phone that a tornado had touched down near Det. Metro airport. COOOOL.... lol. Now later on, I heard no business about a tornado in Detroit but maybe tornadoes aren't a big deal? Last I checked they were haha. It must have been a tiny one. We were stuck inside for a while. When I asked my grandma how her flight was, she said in the most serious voice, "well I was looking at everyone's crotches... no bombs. That is a good thing I guess." Aahahaha, that is like my grandma in a nutshell, she is hysterical. Anyway, I won't go on and on, but it was an entertaining adventure. We didn't end up back home till well after 2 am!


No comments:

Post a Comment